Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back Early

My father is in the hospital and I am coming home early. I am waiting in the Bangkok airport for my flight now and will be back in Buffalo Wednesday Morning instead of Saturday morning. ThaiAir was nice and professional as usual and waived the change fee and the very large fare difference. Thanks ThaiAir! My hotel in Bangkok was a different story. I wasn't expecting them to be nice and refund the prepaid hotel charges. It would have been nice but I wasn't surprised. But what did surprise me is the "scam" they tried to pull on me. I monitor my credit card charges constantly in case and they have been charging me at an exchange rate of 28 Thai Baht to the Dollar instead of the actual rate of 34 Thai Baht to the dollar. Which is a huge difference. I complained and the politely said they would get back to me. And then when I settled my bill they tried to do it again. I will be reviewing the Novotel in Bangkok very negatively in hotel review sites. My flight leaves in four hours and I am off to do some shopping and have dinner.

No comments: